Hoelting & McCormack LLC
Rebecca devotes her day-to-day practice not only to providing superlative service to her clients, but also to supporting the community causes that she loves. When not managing a diverse and dynamic family law caseload, she serves as an effective mediator for her colleagues and as an experienced Guardian ad Litem to protect the best interests of minor children in contested custody cases.
She is also trained in and regularly practices Collaborative Law, a non-adversarial means of resolving family law disputes.
Honors & Accomplishments
- B.A., University of Michigan;
- J.D., University of Georgia — Cum Laude;
- Named one of Georgia’s top 50 female lawyers (2015, 2016, 2017);
- Legal Elite, Georgia Trend Magazine (2005-2014, 2016, 2017);
- Top 50 Women Georgia Super Lawyers (2012, 2013, 2016, 2017);
- Anti-Defamation League Southeastern Region Executive Committee Member;
- Interfaith Family Board Member;
- Jewish Federation of Greater Atlanta Advisory Board;
- Regular speaker at Guardian Ad Litem Trainings for Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation;
- Jewish Women’s Fund Speaker — January, 2015: Focus on Divorce;
- Atlanta Bar Association Breakfast Speaker: Tips for Representing Clients at Mediation;
- Author, “After Rio: The Sustainable Development Concept Following the United Nations Conference on Environment and Development,” Georgia Journal of International and Comparative Law, Volume 24, No. 1 (1994);
- Author, “Supporting Georgia’s Children: Constitutionally Sound Objectives and Means,” Georgia Bar Journal Volume 6, No 2, October 2000; and
- Ongoing participant, Atlanta Collaborative Divorce Alliance.
Rebecca met Sarah, her law partner, at the downtown Atlanta law firm of Long Aldridge & Norman LLP (now McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP) where they engaged in both family law and regular civil practice. An Atlanta native, Rebecca shares her home with her husband, Dan, an electrical engineer, and their lively girls, Gabby and Mitzi.
“I find my clients at one of the most difficult moments they will face in their lives. My goal is to help them emerge from that moment in the best possible position financially, as parents, and emotionally. I accomplish this through a combination of excellent communication, careful strategic planning, and skillful litigation.”